Welcome to my blog

I like to know if anyone is looking at my blog so please comment, if you can think of something, to say or e-mail me at madsmckeever@eircom.net

Friday, March 13, 2009

I have been trialing different varieties of peas in 10" pots in the polytunnel for their qualities as cut-and-come-again shoots. The peas in the photo are Winterkefe, sown on the 11th January, I took a cut on the 8th March and got 40g. The Irish Green Peas yielded 30g. The Poppets didn't seem worth cutting, they were so small. Incidentally a pot of stir-fry greens, sown the same day, and cut the same day, as the peas, yielded 34g. (I accidentally crossed some Wong Bok with Komatsuna, thinking that Komatsuna was a mustard. I mixed the resulting seeds with Mibuna and called the lot stir-fry greens).

No comments:

Post a Comment