Welcome to my blog

I like to know if anyone is looking at my blog so please comment, if you can think of something, to say or e-mail me at madsmckeever@eircom.net

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Visit To Knockvicar Gardens and Lough Bishop House

We were invited up to Knockvicar Organic Gardens at the weekend for their seed swop. I was feeling really ill on the way up and was grateful that Mike did most of the driving. We stayed at Lough Bishop House on Saturday night as a treat and because we wanted to see their Moilie cattle. Helen and Christopher Kelly's hospitality was wonderfully relaxing and I would have liked to stay for longer. The seed swop at Knockvicar was impressive. There is a lot going on up there. A great crowd turned up and there was a showing of the film ‘Our Seeds: Seeds Blong Yumi’ as well as a talk from me on seed saving. Delicious vegetarian food was provided by Maison Djerbi. Thank you to everyone who made it a great weekend for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment