Welcome to my blog

I like to know if anyone is looking at my blog so please comment, if you can think of something, to say or e-mail me at madsmckeever@eircom.net

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Hot Bed

The mornings start off calm these days, but the cold north easterly wind starts to pick up during the day and puts me off outdoor jobs. The tomato and pepper plants need potting on and its just too cold to take them out of the propagator. We had another frost this morning.

So, I have built a hot bed in the tunnel. Using a couple of off-cuts of Kingspan roof, a couple of Green Party posters and some old boards, I have made a box. Inside I have layered bad silage and fresh manure from the shed. I need to make some kind of lid now and wait for it to warm up. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just got to your blog on a link from FB! Great way of using up old Election posters, I am going to read through some previous posts and will be a regular reader now.

    ReplyDelete