Welcome to my blog

I like to know if anyone is looking at my blog so please comment, if you can think of something, to say or e-mail me at madsmckeever@eircom.net

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Rotavating the 'Million Trurnip' field

 The field was barely dry enough to rotovate on Friday, but having looked at the weather forecast, I decided to do it anyway. Here are  before and after photos.
 There were potatoes on the piece this side of the polytunnel last year, and this year it will be peas if it ever stops raining again.
This rock knocked one arm of the rotovator out of the tractor which slowed things down a bit.


This is the same field on the 8th of April last year. 


The peas had been sown at the end of March and were already up. 

On a good note the lettuce is way ahead of last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment