Welcome to my blog

I like to know if anyone is looking at my blog so please comment, if you can think of something, to say or e-mail me at madsmckeever@eircom.net

Monday, May 11, 2009

WOOFers


I liked the e-mail from Geraldine and Nicholas for its directness. "We work Monday to Friday between 4 and 5 hours per day." and on an impulse, accepted their offer of help. Sometimes WOOFers are great and sometimes its like running a bed and breakfast, but Geraldine and Nicholas were great. They liked painting, and painted all the gates in the yard, the doors of the house the old milk churns that now decorate the entrance to the farm and lots more.  they weren't as enthusiastic about cutting a path through the forestry, for the open day, and but did a great job all the same. They also weeded the potatoes very efficiently. They were both fine pianists and while they were here picked up the fiddle and within minutes were playing "Twinkle Twinkle little star", I sure it took me a week. They have gone off to Kerry now, but I will think of them as I water the plants in the churns.

No comments:

Post a Comment