Welcome to my blog

I like to know if anyone is looking at my blog so please comment, if you can think of something, to say or e-mail me at madsmckeever@eircom.net

Saturday, July 25, 2009

February Orchid seeds now available

I posted a bit about this plant in January. As far as I know we are the only suppliers of this seed in the western world, all thanks to Joy Larkcom who has done so much for garden biodiversity. Her book on oriental vegetables is an inspiration to me. There are still so many new vegetables to grow and eat. I found a bit more information on this plant which is is also known in Japan. We have now cleaned and tested the seeds and they are ready to go. I grew them in the polytunnel last year but I am going to try them outside now, along with other useful winter greens like lamb's lettuce, land cress, coriander, texsel, winter purslane, We are starting to harvest peas now which leaves nice clean empty beds in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment